Office of Curriculum & Instruction
Mr. Daryl C. JanusDirector of Curriculum and Assessment(716) 836-7200 x8570
In addition to goals set by the Board of Education, the following goals have been articulated for school improvement.
Cleveland Hill UFSD: Roadmap 2012-2013
All goals are focused on school improvement & increasing student achievement.
1. APPR procedures will be developed and implemented by September 2012.
- Teachers & Administrators will be trained on the Danielson 2011 rubric.
- Administrators will use the Teachscape Proficiency Training to ensure inter-rater reliability.
- A list will be created to show which teachers need SLO(s) and how many they need to write.
- SLOs for the state points will be developed for courses that don’t culminate with a state test.
- SLOs for the local points will be negotiated, agreed upon and developed.
- Forms & procedures for APPR will be articulated and shared by October 2012.
2. Teachers will use assessment to improve teaching & learning.
- Every teacher will develop an assessment calendar by 6/30/12.
- Teachers will identify priority skills & concepts to back-map and revisit routinely.
- All teachers will create and give interim assessments.
- Teachers will engage in professional dialogue about teaching and learning based on evidence / assessments.
- Core idea: Assessments are not the end of the teaching and learning process; they are the starting point.
- The rigor of classroom instruction must match end of year expectations.
3. The District will implement Data Driven Instruction.
- Building leaders will be prepared to talk about student achievement using data as evidence.
- Teachers will be prepared to talk about student learning using data as evidence.
- Teachers will use regularly scheduled assessments to drive instruction.
- End of course assessments will reflect priority skills & concepts that are woven throughout the course.
- All teachers will write daily lesson plans & administrators will ensure accountability.
- All teachers will engage in professional dialogue to inform teaching and learning with the implementation of CASL teams.
- Teachers will learn about & develop deep understanding of new mind frames (Hattie).